Preston Harriers London Marathon Entries
& Qualification Protocol for a Club Place
Each England Athletics affiliated club is guaranteed a number of places dependent upon the number of club members. Preston Harriers usually have 4 or 5 guaranteed places to the London Marathon
To apply for a club place, the following principles will be taken into consideration:
• Priority will automatically be given to those applicants who have actively contributed to the club within the current year.
• The applicant must have been a paid-up member for the 6 months prior to the 1st December in each year, i.e. for London 2014, the applicant must have paid 2013 membership by 31st May 2013.
• The applicant must have applied for and been refused entry to the London Marathon. Please keep your rejection letter from the London Marathon to back up your claim.
• Preference will also be given to those applicants who have not run having had a Harriers club place for London before.
• If the number of applicants is greater than the number of allocated club places, then a draw will decide which club members will receive a London Marathon Club place.
• Successful & non successful applicants will be advised as soon as possible with any draw expected to take place around the second week of December.
If none of the applicants for the London Marathon meet all the criteria above, then the rules will be applied as best they can.
If you wish to be considered for a Club place, please contact Alan Appleby, Steve Mort or Steve Jackson.
Preston Harriers Management Committee
|< Prev||Next >|
Last Updated (Sunday, 02 December 2012 17:11)